On this Thanksgiving, find something to be thankful for. We all have some thing. The truth is, we all have many things.
It can be easy to only focus on the negative – the things that are wrong in your life, the struggles, the current situation(s) that you face. But in all of the darkness, there are still positives. Things could always be worse; the saying is true. It is up to the individual person to look within and figure out what things they are thankful for in their life.
Not that this list will be all inclusive, or everything will apply to you, but here are some suggestions about things that you may or may not have considered to be thankful for at this time of year, and perhaps every day:
- Your life
- Your ability to (literally) look within, engage in introspection, and think about what you’re thankful for
- Your health
- A specific loved one, or support person, in your life
- A pet
- Your home, or place of shelter
- Internet connection to read this
- The ability to read
- A meal you recently enjoyed
- Clothes on your back
- Today, and likely, tomorrow
- The ability to feel your emotions – whether positive or negative. That ability is still something to be grateful for – even if you don’t see it now.
- What would you add to this list?
Again, sometimes we do have to look towards the most basic elements of life when all of the other things seem to be going wrong. And sometimes, the things that we are grateful for can be much more grand than those listed above.
The choice is yours: where will you choose to direct your attention and focus?